Friday, March 21, 2014

Newborn photography and Baby "V"

I feel that this blog post needs to begin with a preface:

Anyone who knows me know that babies aren't really my thing.

 Now, don't get me wrong, I have no problem entertaining them, holding them, making silly faces at them. I have just liked the ability to hand them back to mom and dad when they have had enough of me. So when I started delving more into my photography business, I knew that I did not want my focus to be on newborn or children's photography....

Except that that was several years ago. That maternal instinct I swear was never installed in me began to flicker on once in a while. I've begun to look at babies and small children and think "wow, you are cute!"

Enter Paul and Elisa. I actually photographed them and their swash-buckling pup on one of the Potomac Riverboat canine cruises this past fall. Then, while out in California for my workshop, I received a phone call from Paul, letting me know that they had a new addition to their family, and would I be interested in taking photos for them. Now, the old me would have come up with a million different reasons as to why I wouldn't be available to be their photographer.Newborn photography? No way.

 But, that was the old me......

Baby "V" may possibly be one of the sweetest and well behaved newborns I have ever had the privilege to work with. We decided it would be best to shoot from their home, where everyone felt more comfortable and relaxed. Grandma was even in from Italy, and it was beyond endearing to listen to her cue and cuddle to this little one is beautiful, dreamy Italian.

We were all over the house, putting baby V in different outfits, different positions, up and down and all around. She simply took it in stride, even giving us a few heart melting smiles. This new, little one is completely surrounded by love, and I am so, so happy for this new little family.

I am so looking forward to documenting this little one later on as she continues to grow and discover life.

Bring on the babies, I'm there. :-)













 







No comments:

Post a Comment