Sunday, March 16, 2014

California Mentoring- Day Two

The second day of me being in California, Liesl and I set out to other fun, photographic locations near her home. She took me to this beautiful garden and park, where she had me working with OCF, natural lighting, and just learning to take it all in. I was reminded of the valuable lesson of being still and just breathing. Just the reminder I needed! On our way to the park, I had spotted this beautifully tiled blue wall alongside a building, and I knew I wanted to stop there and practice. I'm so glad we did!

That evening, I was to take everything I had learned, and apply it to a group family photo session. Mike is the goofiest guy; a kid at heart, and now he gets to make toys for a living! How cool is that? Plus, he has taken up surfing, so when he isn't living out every kids dream, he gets to walk the block it takes to get to the water, and play even more! So jello!

Liesl's kids were great sports as well! Her son is one smart guy. Recently, he competed in a Rubik cube competition, and did pretty well! He may be half my age, but is already way smarter than I'll ever be...and I'm OK with that! Her daughter is just as gorgeous as her momma, but definitely has her tom-boy side with playing soccer and riding horses. They are pretty much one big ball of awesomeness, and I think it shows in these photos.

Thank you again Liesl, for this wonderful opportunity and experience. :-)

Cheers!
































No comments:

Post a Comment