Saturday, April 5, 2014

Tec and Amy: Cherry Blossom E-Session



            Happy Spring everyone!

 I’m sure we can all collectively say “It’s about time!”  I’d also like to introduce these two: Tec and Amy. I met Tec several years ago through a mutual climbing friend. We were reintroduced earlier this year when he contacted me about shooting an engagement session with him and his fiancé, Amy. We met up at a local café, and I can honestly say that I instantly fell in love with Amy. She is one of the most sweet and down to earth people you could ever have the pleasure of meeting. We chatted over coffee about different ideas for the session. We came to the conclusion that the DC Cherry Blossom festival would be the perfect time of year. Although they are getting married in California, they met in DC, so it only seemed fitting to have an E-session here as well.
We met at the Jefferson Memorial, and despite the heinous wind, we all had a fantastic time. Even their Shiba-Inu, Cody, had fun. Especially if there were squirrels around! We made our way from the Jefferson Memorial to the MLK memorial, making a pit stop by a section of blooming Cherry blossoms! Amy also brought two BEAUTIFUL heirloom bracelets, which have been passed down by her great-grandmother, worn at each woman's respective weddings. How cool is that!? To learn more about the gift exchanged in traditional Taiwanese culture, click here!

 We had a lovely afternoon, with the only snafu being the moment I set me camera bag down, which promptly turned itself over, spilling all my gear onto the sidewalk. My 85mm lens made a B-line for the road, and I had a moment of sheer panic! Luckily, the tourist bus was moving faster than my lens, and disaster was averted.
Tec and Amy, I wish you a joyous and beautiful day of celebration and love at your wedding! Cheers to a lifetime of LOVE and HAPPINESS.































No comments:

Post a Comment