Friday, January 2, 2015

Ryan + Caitlin: Brethren Woods Camp Winter Wedding

I met Caitlin and Ryan the day of their wedding. My incredibly talented friend, Kelly, of Kelly Dean Photography was capturing their big day, and asked me to come along as her second shooter. Of course I said yes! Ryan and Caitlin were married at Brethren Woods Camp in Virginia. It had snowed a day or so prior, and while the snow had melted at the lower altitudes, these two had a snowy backdrop for their beautiful day.

As I said, I first met the bride and groom on the day of their wedding, just after Thanksgiving. Have you ever met someone who radiates love and light? And imagine taking two of those someones and putting them together. That would be Ryan and Caitlin. Their love for their family, friends, each other, and the Lord were SO apparent. Every part of their day was touched with special attention and love. There were so many moments where I found my eyes welling up with tears. Especially when Caitlin surprised Ryan by singing to him with her family during the ceremony. Being surrounded by that sort of love and light will do that to a person! Of course there was a TON of smiles and laughter! Caitlin and her dad had possibly one of the funniest (in the best sort of way) father daughter dance. Any sort of style of dance they threw in, including gangnam style! The night was capped by dancing, laughing, and toasting S'mores in the fireplace. LOVE!!!

I want to say thank you again to Kelly for asking me to shoot with her. We had a great time! And a huge thank you to Ryan and Caitlin for allowing to be a part of your wedding day, and making me feel so welcomed!

Cheers to a beautiful marriage!




Photographer -  Kelly Dean Photography: second shooter Looks of Love Photography
Videographer - Chris Heatwole
Florist - DIY by the Bride!
Hair + Makeup - the bride and friends
Music - Kurt Gunderson
Invitations - Handmade by Bride + Groom
Desserts - Kara Eby and Strite’s Donuts
Catering - Hank’s BBQ and Bride’s Mother






































1 comment:

  1. Yeah dear!! When we look for Wedding Venues, we always want something unique and off course in our budget. And I think banquet halls are best venues for any type of celebrations. I have found best banquet halls in Chicago which are best and reasonable also. Any suggestion for decoration?

    ReplyDelete